Hydro Richards was founded in 1942 and originally focused on meeting the machining needs of the forest industry and the war effort. Over the past century, we have grown and diversified to meet the needs of our expanding and evolving industrial world.
Our 13,000 square foot production facility is located in the city of Port Coquitlam. This provides us with quick access to material suppliers, subcontractors, the Trans-Canada Highway, the United States border, and the Vancouver International Airport.
Hydro Richards is an active supporter of the provincial Machinist Apprenticeship Program, employing only provincially qualified journeymen machinists. We are compliant with ISO 9001, AWS D1.1, CWB W47.1, and fully support a continuous quality improvement philosophy.
Proven Experience. Practical Solutions.
Hydro Richards serves all major industries:
- Nuclear Power
- Oil & Gas
- Pulp & Paper
- General Industry
Hydro Richards specializes in a wide range of aftermarket services:
- Centrifugal pump and machinery rebuilding
- Multistage shaft manufacturing
- Non-destructive testing
- Creating new and rebuilding of babbitted bearings
- Fusion welding of stellite and colmonoy hard surfacing for high wear pump components
- Post weld heat treatment in a controlled oven for 400SS series material
- Weld repairs to carbon steel, austenitic, and duplex stainless steels